Sunday, February 3, 2008

Al-FallaHa

Ok, so I picked my alias, my blogger name, after long term contemplations. I will now be referred to as Al-FallaHa. One of my dearest friends from the Holy Land constantly refers to me as Al-FallaHa and addresses me as "Ya FallaHa" as we speak to each other of the qari'a (village) while fully emphasizing every "chaa" instead of "kaaf" and every "kaaf" instead of the medani hamza (or dropping of the "qaaf" sound all together). I am thoroughly cconvinced that this name is the most fitting as I recall stories of the blad (not blaaaaaad, dear cousin) where my family would work in the fields and spend cold winters in a stone hut, the stone hut Sedi, my grandfather, was born in, as they produced the best tasting olives and olive oil in all the world. Bianco Jan (prince of kabob), I know you're not fond of olives, but I know you will appreciate the roots in which my name is derived because the only other fitting name for me would be Al-Nawariyya, which has been assumed, and rightfully so, by my notorious, curl-rocking cousin. So I hope WMEG will accept Al-FallaHa as a frequenting blogger on their mission to take over the world!

2 comments:

prince of kabob said...

Welcome, Ya Fallaha! We are glad you are back with stories from the homeland. When are you going to post some of the stories you shared at Zachary's? :)

Al-FallaHa said...

As soon as I can! I really want to post soon. I've been super busy and paranoid lately ... gotta get my act together 1st!! boo school.