Thursday, April 17, 2008

Event this Saturday - Bibi Chic in SF

Wayward Middle Eastern Girls wants you to come party with us! This isn't just "any" party. It's the all-charitable Bibi Chic. Bibi is the jewel of the San Francisco Bay Area's queer Middle Eastern crown. Proceeds from this Saturday's event will go toward 6 different queer organizations (Helem, IRQO, Iraqi LGBT, ASWAT, and two we attendees will get to pick). The entertainment's hot. The DJs are hot. The clubgoers are most definitely hot. And the free food will probably be hottest of all!

Come, and bring 17 of your friends. This club is hands-down my personal favorite of all time, because as I said earlier, it's far more than just "some party" or "some club." It is a beautiful manifestation of community love. I'd never before been to a queer Middle Eastern/SWANA shindig before their party last year, and the whole time, I was struck with curiosity and thrill. Was I living what my parents and aunts and uncles were living, in their wild early adulthood in Tehran's discos? Except, finally, I was getting to do so in a queer space and honor two vital parts of my being at the same time? And...is that free cake in the corner?

More info on Bibi Chic here on its Myspace profile and its Facebook profile.

Club Six, 60 6th Street, San Francisco
$15 cover, only $10 if you get on their mailing list NOW
10 PM - after hours (wink wink)
Free appetizers! (but don't crowd the hummus or I'll bump you)
Ms. Cherry Galette will dance all night (you definitely don't want to miss her performance; she's hella wayward)
DJ Cheon and DJ Masood spinning, and the amazing (also hella wayward) DJ Emancipacion will keep you dancing for longer than you thought possible

Be there! And if you're thinking, "oh, I'm out of town for the weekend," stay tuned. There will be a Pride-related event in June, Bibi's birthday!




No comments: